Top Weaning Tips this Christmas by Katie Shelton
Katie Shelton from Scrummy Tummies shares with us her top tips for weaning over Christmas time:
Starting weaning over Christmas time can be very exciting as you get to share those special moments of first foods with your closest friends and family. To make it as stress free and enjoyable as possible I've put together my top tips for weaning over Christmas to help you.
1. Ask your guests to add salt to their meals once you've cooked so you do not have to add salt when cooking and your baby can enjoy everything that is on offer.
2. Offer your baby lots of variety of foods over the Christmas period. Turkey, brussel sprouts, parsnips, carrots, peas and broccoli all make great first foods.
3. Use a low salt stock cube when making your gravy, this way your baby can enjoy some too.
4. Stick to your usual feeding times for your baby. Even if that means giving them their meal at their usual time but also including them at the table for your Christmas Dinner.
5. If you are due to start weaning on Christmas Day then offer your baby food a few days before so they're not overwhelmed.
6. If your baby becomes overwhelmed for whatever reason on the day then take them to a quiet room and try again when things are calmer.
7. Make a bubble and squeak with your leftovers. This is a great way to reduce food waste and will be a great first food for your baby to try.
8. Remember to relax, have fun and enjoy these very precious moments.
Visit Scrummy Tummies for information about weaning, recipes and shop.